1. Welcome to the community at SNOWMAN'S RAINCOAT REVIEWS.

You are currently viewing our discussion boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most conversations and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to participate in discussion threads and post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, participate in contests and special real time events, use the chat room and much more!. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! To sign up, click on the big button on the top right sidebar that says "Sign up Now!"

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hello Guest! Our records indicate that you have never posted to our site before! Why not make your first post today by saying hello to our community in our Introductions forum and telling us a little about yourself? Become an active part of the SRR community now and make new friends!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please do *not* post any photos on the forum. If you want to share a image, you can post a text link to it that is hosted on another site. Members who do not follow this rule will lose posting privileges. Thank you for your cooperation!
    Dismiss Notice

"Flash Review" format

Discussion in 'guest reviewers' started by snowman872, Aug 4, 2003.

1. snowman872

snowman872 Guest

"Flash Review" format

FLASH REVIEW FORMAT

Here's some details and an example of a recent "Flash Review" so you can see the general parts:

* Synopsis (Introduction - general idea of type of movie, director details, plot etc.)

* What's Hot (the best stuff in the movie)

* What's Not (what you did not like about the movie)

* Scene Breakdown - Performers in the scene and what happens. Be sure to try and mention briefly the big things such as costumes/outfits, major sex acts, anything particulary nasty that people look for. Always mention anal sex, dps, and facials if performed. Free free to add comments as you wish about the performers, sex action, direction, production values etc.

* Everything Else -- other comments that may not fit in the other categories.

* Last Word -- Summary & Conclusion. Who would like the movie, who should avoid and why if not explained elsewhere.

Here's three new examples two are by me, and one is a new Guest Review:

www.raincoatreviews.com/savr0162.htm
    (I wrote this one of a Vivid - plotted Movie)

www.raincoatreviews.com/savr0163.htm
    (I wrote this one -- it's more of a gonzo movie)

www.raincoatreviews.com/savr0165.htm
    (Fizzy wrote this the other day and submitted it)

Also, rate each scene according to this criteria
    (between 1 and 10 -- 10 is the highest)

Sexual Content Ratings (weighted 2x): 6.75
    Starlet Appearance: 6, Starlet Attitude & Personality: 7, Sexual Heat: 7, Raincoat Appeal: 7

and at the end of each movie rate these numerically:

Production Ratings (weighted 1x): 5.33
    Dialog/Story/Script: 5, Costumes/Clothing: 5, Location: 6

Technical Ratings (weighted 1x): 6.66
    Camerawork: 7, Video Quality: 7, Audio Quality: 6, DVD Extras: NA

That is a new rating system above. Since I may wind up not using it. Would you please rate each scene with a letter grade overall A to F (like school).

A - excellent
    B - good
    C - average
    D - poor
    F - unacceptable

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please let me know!

-- Snowman

2. JAGnLA

JAGnLA Guest

Re: "Flash Review" format

Hi Snowman,

Can you give me your e-mail address to send the review to once completed? Also, I misplaced the review you sent me to use as a template...I keep reading and rereading these posts about which scoring system to use, but I'm I want to make sure I get it right.

Thanks!

3. snowman872

snowman872 Guest

It's snowman@raincoatreviews.com!

Jag ... just look at the most recent reviews posted on the website. On the SRR home page, I always list the most recent reviews. Basically, the letter grades are out on guest reviews at this time and the new numerical rating system is in.

-- Snowman

4. Snowman

Snowman Your Host

I just wanted to update this thread a little ...

The best way to contact me is at snowman872@gmail.com, not the raincoatreivews address. I only check the raincoatreviews e-mail account once in awhile.

Also, here are two much more recent "flash reviews" written by myself to use as a reference:

http://www.raincoatreviews.com/savr0282.htm

http://www.raincoatreviews.com/savr0262.htm

Please use my own reviews as a guide rather than those written by guest reviewers. Thanks!

5. DEELINGAM

DEELINGAM Member

Just wanted to draw ur attention to the fact that the same review links you have provided 2 by you and third by a guest reviewer are showing 404 error. Maybe you would like to rectify them or post alternative links that work. Can ignore this post if it has already been brought to your notice.

Also can you post the link where the guest reviews can be uploaded.

6. Snowman

Snowman Your Host

Thanks for pointing the broken links out Dellingam. When the site first started, all the file names on SRR had a different extension (.shtml). When I changed them over to the more convention .htm old links that people posted in the forum became broken. This thread was originally posted in 2003!

The links in this thread are fixed now.

Since the forum has become the centerpiece of SRR, guest reviewers have been able to post their reviews directly on the "Reviews" sub-board.